Come the middle of this month be on the lookout for the opening of the newest microbrewery to hit Norman, Oklahoma!
Lazy Circles Brewing will open its doors around mid-November, 2017 at 422 E. Main Street.
The opening has been long awaited by owners Stephen Basey, Head Brewer, and Stephen Swanson, Tap Master, who have been dreaming about this little venture for a number of years.
The two Stephens, which just also happen to be brother-in-laws, have been home brewers for a number of years and have dreamt about opening a brewing company in Norman. As frequent attendees of the 2nd Friday Norman Art Walk, the two would walk Main Street of Norman and pass the empty space at 422 E Main and comment at how perfect this location would be for their pipe-dream brewery.
However, in 2016 an opportunity reared its head with Basey retiring from the Navy and needing to find a second career. The timing was perfect and the pipe-dream was taking shape into reality.
Basey and Swanson put out their feelers for their brewery location but had no luck until one day a friend contacted them about a space that was soon going to be available – the space was none other than 422 E. Main Street – their dream location. If that isn’t the universe telling you something!
Lazy Circles plans to open with 5 beers on tap and will most likely include:
- “Dirty Bird” – a hoppy red ale
- “Trail Ale” – American pale ale with Citra hops, very aromatic with low bitterness
- “100k IPA” – balanced IPA with Centennial hops
- “Main and Porter” – a porter with chocolate and coffee notes (We LOVE the name of this one! If you are a “Normanite” you will know that this is the nearest intersection to their brewery…so original…LOVE IT!)
- “Scrappy’s Short and Stout” – imperial stout, light smoke, big body, bold flavor
The Stephens plan on hosting a media event prior to the opening which will hopefully help spread the word of their new “hoppy” venture.
See you at Lazy Circles!